Monday, April 11, 2011

Yummy cheese cake (#13)

Two weeks behind again but such is life.  If something fun becomes a chore well then its just not fun anymore.  So forgive me in advance but I think this may be an ongoing problem for the rest of the year.  Baking the cake is the fun easy part and I have made at least 3 since I last wrote.  The first of them being an amazing cheese cake.  Charis got me thinking about them so I just had to bake one.  I will for sure make this one again and again.  It was perfect and actually quite easy.  My computer is still down and I'm still on my friends little guy so I can't download the pictures and show you how pretty it was.  But I will in about a week.  My handy man dad is coming for a visit and is going to fix our sad computer.  I love my daddy.  He's the best.  He can do it all.  When I was in high school I wrote a paper called the Handy Man.  It was about my amazing father.  I got an At on it. 
My dear husband is not super handy when it comes to fixing things.  But it is so funny every time he fixes something around here he says he "Tedded it."  My dads name is Ted. 

I have been having some health issues lately and feeling like I am going to have to make some pretty significant changes in our eating around here so I don't know how this cake thing is going to turn out.  I really want to keep it up so what may have to happen is that I will have to get really creative and experiment with making healthy cake.  Not sure there is really such a thing as that on a weekly basis but I just have to try.  I mean I know there is yummy healthy cakes but I can't imagine I could find enough recipes to make it through a year.   I may just have to give a lot cake away.  I just love baking and love baking cake.  They make me happy.  They celebrate life.  They look pretty.  They taste oh so good. :)
So I will see what becomes of this all.  I don't think I'm supposed to stop making my cakes.   That makes me feel sad.
So give it up for this glorious cheesecake. 
Marble Cheesecake:
crust-
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup brown sugar
3 Tbl melted butter
mix this all together and press down in the bottom of
a 9" spring form pan.

4 packages (8oz. each) cream cheese softened
2 tsp. vanilla
1&1/2 cup sugar
4 eggs
2 squares melted chocolate.  unsweet

In your kitchenAid mix all the above ingredients minus the chocolate.
After it is mixed, take out about half of it and place in a separate bowl.
Add the melted chocolate to one of the bowls of cheesecake mixture.
Then alternately drop spoonfuls of each into the pan. 

This really turned out great.  It was not too sweet at all.  It was a perfect consistency and texture.
I just loved it.  It didn't look as pretty as the one in the book but it was great. :)  I will post pics next week.  Promise. 
And if you don't have chocolate, like I didn't, I used a bit of regular dark chocolate and then a bit of cocoa powder and butter.  I just melted a couple of tablespoons of butter in a pan, added some cocoa powder and a square of dark chocolate and it worked perfect.  I just improvise when I need to. 

I forgot to tell you to bake it at 325 for about one 1 hour and 30 minutes.  I think mine took a bit less but not much.  It got pretty golden brownish on top too.  And the sides kind of puffed up and it looked a little funny.  It looked home made.  I seriously don't know how they get them all flat and perfect looking. 

1 comment:

  1. that sounds so yummy. i love myself some good cheesecake!

    ReplyDelete