Monday, March 28, 2011

#12 Yellow cupcakes with butter cream frosting

This past week  I was supposed to make the winner of the cake drawing their favorite cake.  Well that was super easy since Suzanne won and her favorite was chocolate cake with chocolate frosting.   So I made her my favorite which is Pioneer womans chocolate sheet cake.  I hope you liked it Suzanne. :)
And I'm obviously not going to give you all that recipe since I have already told you about that cake before.
It also took me all week to get it to her.  This past week just felt crazy.  I have seemed to have a lot of crazy weeks lately.  I always start out with mellow expectations but some how seem to pile on the chaos and before I know it I barely have time to breathe.  Does anybody else have this problem.  Seriously I don't quite know how to juggle it all.  Maybe I just need to realize that this is just life with a husband and four kids, a home to care for and clean, laundry to wash to fold, (and sometimes put away,) home school 3 kids, care for animals, go to mom's group, drive to ballet, soccer, play practice, and cook 3 meals a day.  And those are just to name a few.  I love it all, don't get me wrong.  It's just a lot some times.  And that's not factoring in the things that really matter.  That would be relationship with one another and friendship.  These are my favorite things.  People are my favorite I should say.  I could ditch all of it and just do people things.  I love playing with my kids and going places together.  I love quality time with my husband.  I love being with girl friends and talking about life and cooking together.  These are the things that fill my love bucket.  I wish cobwebs didn't form on my ceiling or dust on my furniture.  Then I would have more time for all the stuff that makes life rich.  Cob-webs are not my friend. 
So speaking of friends, a couple weeks ago I made cupcakes to take over to my dear friends house along with another friend and we had a great meal together, let the kids run and play and then let them decorate
yummy cupcakes with frosting and a plethora of sprinkles.  It was happy.
Here is the recipe.
350 degree oven for about 20 minutes. 
Honestly just test them with a tooth pick to make sure.
I can't remember how long they took.  It was  a cake recipe I made
into cupcakes instead.

2 1/4 cups flour
1 1/3 cups sugar
3 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup butter
1 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs

Frosting:  I always kind of wing it with this frosting.  I'm a wing it kind of baker.
I know this is bad but I just do it anyway.  :)  It's one of my flaws. Other than that I'm almost
perfect.  Ha.
One stick of butter melted
1 to 2 tsp. vanilla
2 cups of powdered sugar
2 or 3 Tbs. milk
Just fiddle with it till you get what you like.  Hows that for perfection.

1 comment:

  1. I should mention my husband does a great deal of the driving kids to and fro. :) Thanks honey.

    ReplyDelete