Saturday, February 19, 2011

Happy Valentines Cake (#7)

This past Monday was Valentines day.  I hope you all had a squishy, lovey day.  It was happy in the Peterson home.  I had thought about making a special heart shaped cake or something particularly valentinish, but I couldn't really think of anything and besides, I woke up thinking of my honey and what he would appreciate most, so Prune cake it was.  It's his favorite and I must say I love it too.
So for breakfast we had prune cake and eggs and fresh squeezed orange juice.  It was the perfect way to start the day.
Sorry I didn't post this sooner.  It has been a bit of a nutty week.  I guess that's just life with
four kids and homeschooling.  Even now, Juby is sitting on my lap eating dried fruit and playing with some little cups.   Mark took the other three to a movie.  So it's kind of quiet in the house. 
This is going to be a short blog.  My neck and back have not been nice to me this week and I don't want to sit here long at the computer.  But I didn't want to keep you waiting a minute longer for this delicious cake recipe.  I have to tell you it's another Pioneer woman cake.  She just rocks, what can I say.  I love her book, I love her food.  It makes me happy.  It's a pretty easy cake to make but there are a few steps and honestly I just can't sit here any longer so please go to her website and bake this cake asap.  It is glorious and if you didn't make your honey something yummy this valentines day it's not too late for some tonight.  Just be prepared for some singing and dancing as he takes a bite.  And then you might want to prepare for something else too. :)  
p.s.  Only married woman should read this post and make this cake for their honey.  I'm sorry if it's too late and you already read it.  Save it for the future.  Or make it if you want a marriage proposal from that special someone who's dragging his feet.  I can almost gaurantee he will start chasing you around the house begging for your hand in marriage.  Because he will never want to live without this cake.  And of course you too.

1 comment: