Friday, February 25, 2011

Yumminess in a cup (#8)

I just heard Jubilee fuss in bed.  Why is it that the minute I finally sit down to write in a quiet house my baby decides to wake up early from her nap?  Seriously, I don't get it.  Mark took the other three to gymnastics  and to a movie.  He thought I could have some nice alone time.  I can see how that is already working out.  So I will type fast and may have to pause to go get her.
This weeks cake was truly divine.  I know I say that about a lot of the cakes but this one really and truly was and is one of my favorites.  I think I'm on a wintery spicy kick.  Because this week I made pumpkin spice cake in individual ramekin's.  Did I spell that right?  Anyway,  they were so happy to eat.   I have made them a few times this winter and plan to keep making them.  Everyone loves them and gobbles them up.  They are  great for breakfast or anytime of the day.  One ramekin is quite filling so I end up eating it half at a time.  Unless I'm being a piggy.  Which has been done before.   Now pausing to get Juby.........
Alrighty, one poopy diaper changed and said pooper is now attacking sleeping cat by the fire place.  I don't have much time.  Must work faster..

Recipe:
3/4 cups butter
3/4 cups sugar
3 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup pureed pumpkin (real pumpkin) not pie filling
blend above together
1 &1/3cup spelt or any flour
3 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. allspice
mix together and then add to wet ingredients
Spray dishes with olive oil or whatever you have on hand
Fill ramekins and bake at 350 for about 30 minutes or so.
This recipe makes 6 individual desserts.  But you can easily share one.
I almost forgot the glaze frosting.  Now you could skip this I suppose but I don't think
you would want to do that. 
Glaze recipe:
2 Tbs. real maple syrup
1 Tbs. melted butter
1 Tbs. milk
2 cups powdered sugar.  Add more or less to get desired consistency.
Pour over warm cakes and proceed to eat warm goodness.

Cake batter

finished cakes

glazed: more like frosted. It came out a bit thick

Eating the yumminess

Random picture of the kids in the snow last week.
Just because!

3 comments:

  1. The frosting picture makes me drool! I can't imagine having the will power to only eat half though... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures are great in this post! And that cake is making me salivate. Oh my goodness. Cake is my favorite. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diane... YUM! We should make a cake together when we're visiting!!!

    ReplyDelete