Monday, March 28, 2011

Banana cake with Strawberries and chocolate (#11)

Oh my goodness,  I am two weeks behind in my blogging.  I'm sure you've all just been dying for the latest cake recipe.  Now I have to catch up while Juby is sleeping.  Let me tell you this is not my fault.  My computer has crashed.  It is full of demonic viruses.  Seriously,  I am not kidding you.  One time I turned it on and it growled at me.  It was kind of crazy.  And before it crashed I couldn't even get this blog spot to work.  I'm now thinking it was because of the viruses.  Computers drive me a bit nutty.  I love and hate them at the same time.  So now I am on my friends tiny little lap top and I keep messing up because I'm not used to typing on it. :)  But oh so thankful for her letting us use it until she gets back from a far off land.  Thanks AmyBeth. 
Well just so you know I am not giving up on my 52 weeks of cake making.  I bake at least two cakes a week.  And believe me my middle is starting show it.  Summer is coming and I really better start to do something about it.  So tomorrow I will start. :)  Actually a friend is going to come over and we are going to exercise.  Woohoo! 
Suzanne won the cake drawing from a couple of weeks ago and I finally got her a chocolate cake this weekend.  I loved making a cake for someone else.  I really needed to not eat a cake this past week also.   I think I might keep doing this for the sake of my belly and my dear husbands belly.  But also it was just fun to make something for someone else.  So you may just randomly receive a cake from me. 
Now for the last cake recipe.  Goodness which one was it?  I'm pretty sure it was the Banana cake with strawberries and chocolate.  I loved it.  Oh it was really yummy.  Here is the recipe. 

2 1/2 cups flour
1 Tbs. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
3 bananas
2/3 cup milk
Bake at 350 in two round cake pans (greased) for about 30 minutes.
Let cool and then layer strawberries in the middle of them and on top.
Drizzle warm chocolate frosting in middle and on top.
I used spelt and whole wheat and regular flour
I used organic sugar and raw sugar and organic brown sugar
I used coconut oil instead of butter.  I think you can pretty much do what you want.

Warm chocolate frosting to drizzle or to pour heavily upon it. :)
1 1/2 sticks of butter heated in sauce pan
3 to 4 heaping Tbs. of cocoa powder
4 Tbs. of milk
1 tsp. vanilla
3/4 of a pound of powdered sugar (approximately)
This will be thickish but very pourable still and warm.  You can
fiddle with the sugar to get the consistency you want.
Sorry I don't have pictures for the past few cakes.  This again is the computers fault. 
As soon as I get it working I will go back and post pics.  You'll want to see this one for sure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment